My baby had been diagnosed of Amoebiasis last week. It all started with frequent bowel movements which I found unusual than her normal poop. I was alarmed when her stool is watery with mucus, but no mark of blood. Some manifestations of symptoms like watery and mucus present in the stool has made me suspicious that it might be an Amoebiasis. By then, we took her immediately to the clinic to have her checked by the Pediatrician, and was asked if any of these symptoms developed: fever, vomiting, and loss of appetite. Good thing, my baby never experienced any of these. Initially, the doctor recommended these three medications.
1. Erceflora Bacillus Clausii- An oral drops which contains billion of good bacteria that can fight against bad bacteria inside her tummy. (click the link for more details)
2. Glucolyte plus - an Oral Rehydration Therapy (ORT ) to counteract dehydration. (click the link for more details)
3. Banana - It is rich in potassium that helps replace the loss electrolytes to those who have diarrhea.
In addition to medications, the doctor advised for FECALYSIS. If you have never heard this term, Fecalysis is known as stool analysis. It refers to a series of
laboratory tests done on fecal samples to analyze the condition of a
person's digestive tract in general..(source)
Take Note: During first Fecalysis, the pathologist did not see any parasite or ova in the stool. On following day, I brought a sample of a stool again in the lab for repeat Fecalysis. Unfortunately, the result confirmed that she was positive with Amoebiases.So the doctor recommended a home treatment only since she has no fever and does not vomit at all. She prescribed two medicines to take 3 times a day within 7 days.
See full details here on Metronidazole Triconex.
See full details here on Diloxanide Furoate.
It took 7 days of treatment before her diarrhea finally stopped. She used up almost 50 diapers. Just imagine how many times my baby pooped and the main cause is the culprit amoeba. Now, I am happy that she is totally recovered from this disease.
Disclaimer: The information shared on this site is based on my personal experience. Health condition and nutritional needs of a baby differs from other babies,therefore, it should not be considered medical advice. Always consult your baby's pediatrician before taking action after reading this blog.
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Undeniably, breastfeeding is the healthiest way in feeding a baby. Apart from health benefits that the milk will bring, mothers can save money. Despite these benefits, some mothers preferred or shifted to formula feeding due to the following reasons:
- They are working mothers and apparently away at daytime even night time.
- Though, some mothers are “stay-home moms”, but they cannot express milk up to the baby’s satisfaction, hence, the formula milk is needed.
- They find breastfeeding painful so they have decided to stop breastfeeding.
- Some babies do not like the taste of their mother's milk.
- Some mothers underwent chronic diseases like breast cancer, and they prefer not to breastfeed their baby for health reason.
- Other mothers who gave birth twins, they find it difficult to breastfeed their babies at the same time.
With my personal life-experience, I've been sticking to formula feeding with breastfeeding for 1 year and 2 months now, and I found it effective. It’s amazingly great!
Posted by jeni lee at 5:18 PM
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Don't wait for “last-two” minutes to complete the things you need before delivering a baby. Based on my mom-to-be experience, I seldom went to malls after I gave birth to my unica hija. It is convenient to pack all the things you need. Here's the checklist:
- Baby Powder - I use Johnson Mild baby powder. I apply it moderately all over her body to make her feel refreshed. I often apply this when she is sweating.
- Diaper - I prefer Pampers more than any other diaper brands. The design is very comfy as well as my baby’s comfortable, too.
Posted by jeni lee at 6:43 PM
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Something had caught my attention as I watched my baby playing. She held a box, then filled this with small toys. Minutes later, she took the toys out, and when the box was empty, she filled it with toys again, and did the same thing over and over again. Another was - she pulled and pushed the small table. Later on, questions entered my mind "How did she think of that?; Was that baby instinct or what?" So out of my curiosity, I searched over the internet. I opened google and began typing a keyword , but It took me awhile what to search; I asked myself "what would I type"? In just a moment, I had thought of typing " baby characteristics at 1 year old". In the search results, I have read many, but one phrase caught my attention "Baby Developmental Milestones".
Posted by jeni lee at 11:39 PM
Friday, January 18, 2013
1. Plan Ahead - plan at least one or two months before the birthday party .This is to avoid a last minute preparation. Keep in mind that this is a party for your baby, not for the BIG ones. So just prepare what are needed for the party. Things to consider are the following: budget, foods, party favors, venue, decorations, etc.
Posted by jeni lee at 11:49 PM
Posted by jeni lee at 7:14 PM
Friday, January 11, 2013
Posted by jeni lee at 7:32 PM