An inspiring story from a First Time Mom Cancer Survivor

Three days ago, I received an email from someone I didn't know, requesting me to share the video of  her personal story on my blog. As I watched the video through a link she provided on my email,  my heart was moved by this courageous mother and mesothelioma cancer survivor. Her name is Heather.  
Without a doubt,  I responded her email and granted her request to share her inspiring story on my blog. Why not? We both don't know each other, but we have common intentions - to help raise awareness of this little known cancer, and to provide a sense of hope for others facing life’s difficult challenges.  Here's the story of Heather.

Three and one-half months after giving birth to her first and only child, Heather was diagnosed with a rare and deadly cancer, and given 15 months to live without treatment.  It was mesothelioma, a cancer that kills 95% of those diagnosed within 2 years. Despite the grim prognosis, she knew she had to do everything she could in order to beat mesothelioma and raise her daughter, Lily.  This meant undergoing extensive treatment, which consisted of both major surgery – removal of my left lung, heart lining, and diaphragm – as well as radiation and chemotherapy. 

She’s been cancer free for 7 years now and feels it’s her duty to pay it forward and inspire others – to help those in similar situations and give them the desire to make them fight; give them something to hold onto when all else fails.

Here is the video of her story: http://www.mesothelioma.com/heather/

You can read more about mesothelioma here: http://www.mesothelioma.com/mesothelioma/

0 comments