Heart Sensory Play - Introducing Letter H

I bet, many of us are homeschooling our kids due to what is happening in our world today.  A week ago, I created a schedule for kids in order for them not to spend too much time on TV and gadgets.  Kids are naturally active and mobile so they need activities that will not only tire them but also improve their skills while classes are suspended due to enhance community quarantine.  I can tell that my schedule was pretty effective. You may access all my homeschooling ideas here.

So last week, I introduced letter H through heart sensory play.  My kids love hands-on activity, allowing them to explore and become creative.  It is also effective in soothing children when fussy or anxious.
I discussed with Psalm what letter H sound like. I gave her examples of what are the things that begin with letter H.

After exploring the sensory bin, I asked Psalm, my younger daughter to sort out the hearts according to colors and count the number of hearts per column. As I said in my previous post, Psalm was a bit challenging because her span of attention was short.  So I had to reinforce the concept learned using another activity the next day.




We love this sensory play and I hope you will try this out using your available resources at home since we cannot go out for buying materials. I was just so lucky because I was able to keep the materials I used for Chesska when she was three years old.



0 comments