An Appreciation Post for Tatay Digong



Some hated him but surely many loved him. Well, what can you expect from the haters and detractors? Their only major job is to find faults with the government in favor of their own interests and motives. You can never hear them appreciate what's good in the government because they are insecure and jealous. 

Yes, Tatay Digong is not perfect. He has character flaws which he does not hide from the world.  He curses the priest.  He does not sugarcoat his statement to please people. But he delivers, and his performance as a public servant outweighs his flaws.  In fact, there's no other President I know who truly serves the Filipino like him. He is compassionate and has a heart for the poor.

I know, I should not put much energy into this post because I am a busy mom but I can't help but need to express my sentiments and appreciation to Tatay DIGONG not only for the radical change he has done to our country but my family has also felt the real change caused by his efforts and untiring service. 

Let me enumerate how my family benefited from Tatay Digong's administration.

1. My mother's pension was increased by 1000 per month. I remember PNOY vetoed this bill.  

Read: Duterte Approves 1000 SSS Pension Hike This Year

2.  I was able to get a driver's license that is valid for 5 years instead of 3 years from the previous admins.

Read: Duterte Signs Law Extending Validity of Driver's Licenses to Five Years

3. My niece was able to study in college without paying the tuition fee. 

Read: Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act

4.  My brother who is a minimum wage earner is now exempted from tax due to TRAIN Law  (Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion) 

Read: Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion

5. Our community is more peaceful and safer because of the Government's campaign against drugs and criminalities. I am not afraid to walk even at night. 

6. When my uncle got hospitalized due to a stroke, we are able to ask for financial assistance through “Malasakit Center”, a one-stop-shop where indigents can easily access financial assistance from different agencies (PHILHEALTH, DSWD, PCSO)

Read: PRRD Signs Malasakit Center Act

7. My experience with Government transactions is now easier and faster (ex. LTO, PSA, SSS) Before, it took me even weeks to get documents from the government offices. 

8.  Whenever I go out, I can see the continued progress in our city since there are plenty of infrastructure projects such as bridge constructions, road repairs, widening, and rehabilitation through the BUILD, BUILD, BUILD program of DPWH.

Read: Build, Build, Build, Paving the Way to Progress

9. Rice is more affordable now than before. Previously, a kilo of quality rice ranges from 50-60. But now, you can buy it at the price of 40 pesos or even cheaper. (correct me if I am wrong)

Read: Rice Tarrification Law

Now,  tell me,  how can I hate TATAY DIGONG? No matter what the haters say,  they can't put a good man down. 

Even when the time comes that TATAY DIGONG is no longer a president, I will never, never forget him because he is my Tatay, Lolo, and President that has a true compassion to the ordinary citizen like me.  Kahit hindi ka na maging presidente tatay, ikaw pa rin ang presidente sa puso namin. 


0 comments