Baby Has Diarrhea? What A Mom Should Know


My 4-year-old, Psalm, was diagnosed with Amoebiasis last week. It all started with frequent LBM for almost 6 times in a day.  I got panicked when I noticed her stool was watery with a little mucus on it, which I found to be very unusual than her normal poop. Such manifestations of symptoms alarmed me and suspected that it might be an Amoebiasis.  By then, we had her stool checked to the laboratory near us for confirmation.  Please watch the video below the result of her laboratory and the medication that the doctor gave to my daughter. 

Dahilan ng diarrhea o pagtatae ng bata? Ano ang inireseta ng Doctor at home remedies(erceflora, ORS,etc) 







Feel free to leave a question or clarification in my You Tube channel. Click here. 

Disclaimer: The information shared on this site is based on my personal experience. The health condition of a baby differs from other babies, therefore,  it should not be considered as medical advice. Always consult a qualified pediatrician if you have questions or concerns related to your baby's health condition.

5 comments

  1. Thanks jeni for your very informative post! My baby has been suffering from diarrhea for 2 days already, and I'll try to follow your advise. I hope this will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Janna,

      Please observe your baby. Be sure he/she is not dehydrated. The very basic medications like erceflora, glucolyte, and banana are very effective for diarrhea, but ameobiases is another case, so you need to consult your pedia to be sure...

      Delete
  2. Fecalysis is actually quite common test. My doctor almost always run this test whenever an infant has diarrhea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi paano mo po kinuha ung stool sample ni baby from his/her diaper? Binaligtad mo po ba ung diaper or ung normal lng? Ksi may nagsasabi nid na baligtarin ung diaper pra di maabsorb ung ibang water na ksama sa stool nya. Thanks for the reply

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi paano mo po ba pinaexamine yung stool ng baby mo? Kelangan po ba na nkabaligtad yung diaper or yung normal lang? Ksi may nagsasabi na dapat kung ipaexamine ang stool kelangan nakabaligtad kasi daw para di maabsorb ng diaper yung ibang water na ksama sa stool nya. Need help sis, thanks

    ReplyDelete