Sea Creatures Sensory Play

I am supposed to discuss /f/ sound and make a Frog Life Cycle but my model for each stage is not yet complete. For example, I couldn't find tadpole or even adult frog anywhere at the store. So I better skipped this activity and jumped into /s/ sound. If you are wondering why it is just too far, from F to S, don't worry, according to studies it doesn't matter if you teach letters in a sequential manner. I also decided to go through /s/ sound because I had materials ready for our sea creatures adventure in sensory bin. There are actually a lot of things we can discuss about that start with S using sea creatures sensory play.
Idea from: Teachingmama.org
To align with the concept, I prepared SEA creatures sensory bin. Chesska loves so much sensory play where she can explore or pretend making a story based on what she sees and feels. True enough, sensory activity has calming effects that it will help your child do away from tantrums.
Since we talked about /s/ sound, I took the opportunity to tackle about things that start with the letter S - shells, squid, seaweed, stone, sea, and many others.
It is a great and fascinating activity to do outdoor, too. Plus it does not only develop cognitive growth, as well as fine motor skills.
How do you like our sensory activity for this week? Be the first one to drop your thoughts on the comment form below. If you find this post helpful, please do like my Facebook page here. Your single click means a lot to me. Thank you and have a blessed weekend.


0 comments