What I Learned from 14-Day Lifestyle Medicine Seminar held at SDA Bangkal

My acid reflux started in the early week of August when I had my Implanon removed and I partly suspected that implanon was one of the contributing factors. If you haven’t read my previous post about implanon, please check it out here!

Even though I have already managed some of the implanon after-effects, my acid reflux symptoms still recur. I already spent a lot of money clinic hopping, looking for a complete healing. Worse is, after consulting with three doctors and taking the synthetic meds they prescribed, they didn’t make my reflux go away. I even tried Healing Galing, but their program didn’t work either.

That’s why I searched on the internet what other natural remedies I could take without relying on the synthetic medicines, knowing these can cause side effects to our body. I learned that treating acid reflux requires diet and lifestyle change.

That's why, over 3 weeks ago, when our neighbor, a Seventh Day Adventist, invited me for the Lifestyle Medicine seminar, I didn’t hesitate to attend despite our spiritual beliefs. As a matter of fact, I admired how their church encouraged their people to be vegetarian. They followed the Biblical teaching found in Genesis 1:29 where God said, ‘I give you every seed-bearing plant of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. In other words, we are encouraged to eat fruits, vegetables, grains, and seeds only.
Fruits we juiced during our 3-day detoxification program


It was reiterated in our seminar that a Healthy Lifestyle is equal to Longer Life while Godly Lifestyle is Equal to Eternal Life. The slogan of the seminar hits me like a ton of bricks. The main reason why I got sick because my lifestyle is no longer aligned with what it should be. Even though I started to be healthy 2 years ago, but I still allowed stress to swallow and overwhelm my life. My life has not been balanced physically, emotionally, and most of all spiritually.

The seminar lasted for two weeks which started last October 4, 2017. Since I didn’t have a yaya yet by the time the seminar started, my mother and I took turns in attending the seminar. So I didn’t have a complete attendance (hehe). In spite of that, I learned a lot from the seminars. We were fed with tons of information not only how to be physically healthy, but also how to be spiritually rich. The seminar always started with a prayer and we sang our theme song “God Will Make a Way”.  Each time I sang, I felt the God’s presence. It surely lightens my feeling and at the same time stress-relieving.

The speakers of the seminar were Geronimo Jose, chruch pastor,  and Sir Bong.  Both are well-versed on the topics being discussed. Pastor was in-charged mainly on the Healthy Lifestyle and its corresponding biblical teachings, while sir Bong tackled about the benefits of fruits and vegetables. He also demonstrated how to juice different fruits and vegetables, explained the proper foods combinations and lastly led our 3-day detoxification program right after the 14-day seminar.
For two days, we just drank different juices which was given every hour. We didn't eat anything except the juices. I got a little headache because my body was adjusting to the new diet as I was used to eat carbohydrates-rich foods.

Add caption
We also had sunlight exposure along with the outdoor exercise. Healing oneself needs to be holistic. I learned that clean water, fresh air, sunlight, rest, exercise, healthy diet (fruits, vegetables, grains, and seeds), and faith in God are the elements for healing.
After 3 days, we were given a leaflet for our Daily Lifestyle guide. I am so pleased that I was able to practice the diet tips for three weeks now and it really feels so good.






That is so far I learned from our seminar three weeks ago.

0 comments