Why I Decided to Become a Vegetarian

It's no secret that I suffered from acid reflux for months now, which is one of the reasons why I lose 6 kilograms in three months. My weight has decreased significantly because I forbade myself from eating foods that could trigger acid reflux (which I just learned on the internet). Some of them are sugary, fatty, spicy and most of all acidic foods.  I felt like I was deprived of eating the foods I love, example coffee. Until it came to the point that I just resorted to lugaw (porridge) all day on some days when the alkaline diet (mostly fruits and vegetables ) is not always available on our table.

For over one month, I've been on a semi-alkaline diet but still, my acid reflux didn't go away. It's very uncomfortable and worrisome.  I got skin allergies each time I ate chicken meat, fish, and eggs. I even tried various synthetic medicines and herbals available in the garden but they didn't work either. I was so desperate then to find natural remedies how to cure my acid reflux. Until last month, our neighbor, an SDA invited me to attend their 14-Day Lifestyle Medicine Seminar held at their church. I learned that our body turns into acidic because of wrong foods combination. I also learned that there are certain bacteria in pork that will not die no matter how you cook them at high temperature. Ever since I attended the seminar, I promise my self to start being a vegetarian. And my transition to being a vegetarian was easier because I am used to eating fruits and vegetables even before I learned the seminar.

It really takes a lot of efforts when you become a vegetarian. We have to go to the market early to buy our supplies. We mainly went to Bankerohan because the fruits and vegetables there are super cheap.
Our fridge was filled with fruits and vegetables which my husband bought from Bkerohan or Toril
We first soaked the fruits and vegetables in activated charcoal to get rid of pesticides.

Proper Foods Combination I learned from the seminar

Schedule to follow if you want an optimum healthy lifestyle

I have been faithful to 6am schedule which is drinking fresh juices. But for the breakfast, I just did the fruits and unpolished rice alternately because I am working online. Fruits are easily digested in the stomach so I easily get hungry. It's really hard to function when our stomach is hungry. I really tried to stick to fruits for breakfast and I hope I can do it one of these days. Self-disciple is really needed.

apple, cucumber, and singkamas combination
Pineapple and Papaya
apple, carrots, celery, lemon
watermelon
beets, celery, carrots, kalamansi, apple
apple, carrots, celery, lemon
cucumber, celery, tumeric, and kalamansi/lemon

coconut water and guyabano smoothie
coconut water and malunggay smoothie

one of my breakfasts: papaya, melon, banana, and raw nuts

another fruits combo: jackfruit, banana, raw nuts

For my lunch, I am usually eating unpolished rice with vegetables as viand. I am sometimes eating raw vegetable salads which are highly recommended because of the natural enzymes present on the raw.

cucumber, lettuce, carrots, and potato
lettuce, carrots, cucumber, boiled camote and flax seeds for lunch

For the rest, I followed the schedules faithfully except the dinner. As I have said, I need a spank on the butt to instill self-discipline (hehe).



It's been one month now since I became a vegetarian. I feel stronger and healthier. Though my acid reflux did not go away 100% but I felt I had a lot of good improvement in my health. By the power of God's grace, I claim his healing.






0 comments