How will I spend my 13th Month Pay?

One of the perks I get as a Work-at-Home mom is I receive 13th-month pay without any fail for 5 years straight. Some of my friends who are working in the government and receiving the same benefit said that I was so fortunate to have found a job online with that kind of benefit. That's very rare. I responded, "exactly"!
Since 13th-month pay is something I am always looking forward to when December comes, I see to it that it goes to something tangible. Like in the past years, I used to spend the money on different projects, house makeover for example. Or if I wanted to reward myself for the hard work I've done in the past 11 months, I allocated a certain amount to treat or pamper myself. One thing that I made sure of was I set aside an amount to buy some groceries and give to our poor neighbors or native carollers who were asking for foods or gifts.

However, my incoming 13th-month pay this year will go directly to our savings. Ronan and I have long wanted to buy a second-hand car with an age less than 5 years because our current car is super cranky now. There were several occasions that our car broke down in the middle of the road and we had no choice but to call our friend to help us tow our car. Loaning a new car is also possible but we have to contemplate yet because it will be an additional expense for sure.

Though my 13th-month pay will go to one purpose, it doesn't mean that it will hinder me to do the things I used to do every Christmas. I will still continue my mission by sharing my blessings to others and helping those who are in need.

How about you, how will you spend your13th-month pay?









0 comments