Our Easter Activities While on Enhanced Community Quarantine

How's your Holy Week? For me, it's a blessing to have celebrated Holy Week while on Community Enhanced Quarantine.  My family and I had ample time to rest and reflect as we commemorate the death and resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ.  As self-sacrifice, I decided not to browse even a second to all my social media accounts since my employer shortened my work hours from Holy Monday till Wednesday. It feels so great to have dedicated my time just for myself, family and most of all to God.  Despite our early work break, I still followed my schedule faithfully.  In place of my free work schedule, I watched the free retreat online initiated by Bro. Bo Sanchez, our online inspirational figure.  There were plenty of inspiring talks that deeply touched my heart and soul.

However, while watching the retreat online, I was also a hands-on mommy to these kiddos.  Starting Holy Thursday, we already created some arts and crafts for the easter. They had to follow their own schedule, too,  to make their days productive. I don't want to resort most of their time to gadgets and TV.  I wanted to share with you the activities we indulged in last week.

1. Bunny Mask

The ECQ limits our mobility and we can hardly find art materials right now since only grocery stores are open. We are so lucky that the walking-distance convenience store outside our subdivision was selling construction papers, folders, colors, and other art materials.  So we were able to make these masks out of construction paper. You may get the free bunny mask template here.


2. Easter Egg Pop-Up Card

Of all the arts and crafts we made, this is the most beautiful one. You may follow the instructions here. 


3. Bunny Basket

This is easy to make too. Good to know there is a downloadable template that you can print. Just follow the instructions and in minutes you can already set up a bunny basket. My kids love it so much.  Get the free template here. 


4. Easter Basket

I discussed the importance of Easter to them. It's not only about games and activities but what values they learned from staying at home during Holy Week and Enhance Quarantine. Some of the values I taught was about patience, love, joy, and hope. 

5. Bunny Paper Plate

Our bunny paper plate doesn't look really good because we were short of materials such as googly eyes and construction paper. But my kids still love it too. 


6. Egg Sensory Play

I also included easter outdoor activity which is easter egg sensory play. Our eggs are dirty so I ask them to wash them using sponge and bubbles. It took them hours playing this sensory play. 


7. Indoor Egg Hunting

The most exciting one was egg hunting. I provided them clues where they can find the eggs. I just put candies inside the eggs as rewards. 



It was indeed a productive Holy Week for all of us.  How about you? How did you celebrate Easter?

You may watch our activities on our Youtube Channel. 


0 comments