How I Reduce My Anxiety During The Lockdown Period?

Day 19 - Davao City Community Quarantine
April 7 - Enhance Community Quarantine Will Take Effect

Not much has changed on our daily schedule since my husband and I work at home except, of course, during weekends where we go to church every Sunday and attend Feast, a weekly prayer gathering of the Light of Jesus family.  This routine was completely stopped since the lockdown in our city took effect a couple of weeks ago.
While the lockdown doesn't really impact our daily schedule, I cannot avoid being anxious about what is happening in our world today because of the coronavirus. Aside from that, the media has become scarier than the virus by bombarding us scary information that escalates our fears, worries, and anxieties.  That's why I chose not to start my day watching the news and browsing social media where posts are overflowing with so much negativity. My mental health is what matters most to me at this time of crisis. This is why I wanted to share with you my daily activities on how to reduce my anxiety.

I have followed the schedule above for five days streak already and I love the benefits it provides to me. For example, I didn't do deep breathing before but by doing it already I felt like I could breathe well. I have also strengthened my relationship with God and known Him better by reading daily devotionals. It eases my burdens, cleared my mind from any anxiousness, knowing that He is the provider and protector of all.  Additionally, one of the benefits of the schedule that gives to me, believe it or not, the time I spent in social media was reduced which gives me more time in homeschooling and tending to my kids.

Let's use this lockdown period as an opportunity to nourish our relationship with our family,  improve our physical and mental health, enhance our skill,  and most of all strengthen our faith in God.

I hope you find this post helpful. I love to hear comments from you on how you use your time during the lockdown period?

0 comments