A Beautiful Sunday Morning

I can feel my kids' covid-19 fatigue. What I mean is they have been stuck at home for over two months since the Delta variant cases escalated. 

So what happened is that I didn't let them visit their cousin near our village for them to play nor bring them when we ran errands, in the fear that they may get infected by covid-19. 

Also, Chesska was just recovered from her cough where she got it from my mother who just had a cold. I thought it was already a covid-19 (knock on wood 3 times). I sometimes feel paranoid. 

Although I just work from home where I can supposedly provide them plenty and productive activities to keep them busy, my time was also limited. 

So right after Chesska's online class and Psalm's homeschooling lessons which would only last for about one hour, they would already spend their time playing gadgets and watching TV. Though they are timed,  I  still feel guilty about it. 

I also feel the fatigue, you know! Same with you all. I did what I need to do to help myself be encouraged and upbeat - exercising, meditating, reading devotionals, and detoxifying social media. 

So a few weeks ago, when I heard the news that covid-19 cases started slowing down, my husband and I decided to bring our children to Camp With Me, Catigan Toril.

This tourist spot in Catigan is highly popular right now because it's not only affordable, but it's also a haven for those who want to de-stress from a busy life. 

The place is highly elevated in which you can see the Davao gulf with a beautiful sunrise when you try to come early in the morning.  Please see our photos below.


Sunrise captured by our camera around 6:00 am.



We had to climb in order to reach the peak so we could take pictures of the entire place. There's nothing really fancy about the place except the small huts built by the owners for campers.  

They had also a small hut where you can order some chichirya to munch or coffee to drink. They also begin to offer grill-all-you-can. It seems like a buffet where most of their foods are grilled (I supposed). And I am not sure what time they operate.  I did not ask.



They also installed wooden chairs where you can sit, relax, and enjoy the fresh air. We only spent about 30 minutes at this place and then we left to go to Eden garden as our next destination. 










Kids were so happy after spending quality time together in nature. They were able to breathe fresh air again, exercise their body while climbing up, and help ease their mental stress during the times of long quarantine due to covid-19.

I thanked God for this wonderful opportunity. I believe He will put an end to this pandemic if we continue to pray, surrender our worries, and cast our cares to Him. With God nothing is impossible. 





0 comments