My Baby's Developmental Milestones





Something caught my attention as I watched my 12-month old baby playing.  She held a box and filled this with small toys. Few minutes later, she took the toys out, and when the box was empty, she filled it with toys again, and she did the same thing over and over again. Another thing, she pulled and pushed the small table. Later on, questions entered my mind "Why did she do that? Was that a baby instinct or what?" So out of my curiosity, I searched over the internet.  I opened Google and began typing a keyword, but it took me a while what to search; I asked myself "what would I type"? In a sudden moment, it came a thought typing "Baby’s characteristics at 1 year old". In the search results, I have read many, but one topic caught my attention "Baby Developmental Milestones".

So what does Developmental Milestones mean? Developmental milestone is an ability that is achieved by most children by a certain age. Developmental milestones can involve physical, social, emotional, cognitive and communication skills such as walking, sharing with others, expressing emotions, recognizing familiar sounds and talking. (source: What is a developmental milestone?)


I found this great article in a blog and I'm happy sharing it to mothers who are caring their babies.


Excerpt via: Baby Development Stages: The First Year

Baby Development: One to Three Months

 

During this first development stage, babies’ bodies and brains are learning to live in the outside world. Between birth and three months, your baby may start to:
  • Smile. Early on, it will be just to herself. But within three months, she’ll be smiling in response to your smiles and trying to get you to smile back at her.
  • Raise her head and chest when on her tummy.
  • Track objects with her eyes and gradually decrease eye crossing.
  • Open and shut her hands and bring hands to her mouth.
  • Grip objects in her hands.
  • Take swipes at or reach for dangling objects, though she usually won’t be able to get them yet.

Baby Development: Four to Six Months

 

During these months, babies are really learning to reach out and manipulate the world around them. They’re mastering the use of those amazing tools, their hands. And they’re discovering their voices. From 4 to 6 months old, your baby will probably:
  • Roll over from front to back or back to front. Front-to-back usually comes first.
  • Babble, making sounds that can sound like real language.
  • Laugh.
  • Reach out for and grab objects (watch out for your hair), and manipulate toys and other objects with her hands.
  • Sit up with support and have great head control.

Baby Development: Seven to Nine Months

 

During the second half of this year, your little one becomes a baby on the go. After learning that he can get somewhere by rolling over, he’ll spend the next few months figuring out how to move forward or backward. If you haven’t baby-proofed yet, better get on it!


Now, I will show you some pictures showing the different milestones of my baby from 3 months -1 year old.







I got this video from YouTube  and watch everything  on baby's milestones.








1 comments

  1. This information will be really useful for everyone. thanks for sharing!!

    For baby crawling informations,

    when do babies crawl | when do babies start crawling

    ReplyDelete