Gelatin Sensory Play - Letter A

Though I am no longer in the teaching world, I still love teaching. Yes, I do, especially teaching my own kid. Also, my younger daughter is already at the right age to learn Alphabet. Aside from that,  I am quite alarmed how she spent most of her time on YouTube as I am so busy with my work as a digital marketer.  So busy! Di na pwde maging presidente 😁😂😅.

Despite the busyness, I really find time to teach her the skills she needs in school later on. Since I have already an idea about homeschooling (since Chesska was homeschooled),  I don't find it hard to teach. The secret weapon here is just make learning fun, engaging and hands-on.

So yesterday, I prepared gelatin and incorporated letter A. I love sensory play in teaching kids because it involves motor skills. It also helps soothe their minds especially kids who are fussy.


Psalm was so happy upon seeing the gelatin because she loves squishy things.


I first introduced letter A and later on discussed things that begin with letter A such as apple, ant, astronaut, airplane, and alligator.


I asked her what are the things she saw in the gelatin.  I let her explore the gelatin with her small hands. 


She later got some of her toys such as a spoon to scoop, knife to slice, and transfer the slice gelatin to small containers. She was having fun while playing the gelatin.  She played for more than two hours crushing, slicing and scooping the gelatin.

I also prepared more activities to reinforce the concept learned. On this activity, I had her name each picture and put the clothespin on the picture that begins with the letter A. Motor skills have been incorporated as well.


Do you like our sensory play? I hope you find my post helpful. Feel free to comment below for your questions, reactions or ideas.


Bubble Sensory Play is now on YouTube Channel. Please Click and Subscribe!


0 comments