Easter Egg Sensory Play - Teaching Numbers

My older daughter, Chesska, 8, was homeschooled when she was 3 years old.  I haven't had a hard time teaching her numbers. Psalm was a little bit challenging since her span of attention was short. That's why most of her activities are sensory plays.  I learned that children learn using their senses. So easter egg sensory bin is a nice activity for her.

First I put rice in a bin. Yes, it's a messy activity but remember children love messy!  I added eggs with numbers with corresponding dots on them (idea here).  I had her count the dots written on the egg and introduced the number corresponding to it.


She loved scooping the rice, pouring and fillings eggs with rice. For listening activity, I asked her to shake the eggs filled with rice. She was having fun listening to it.


 After cleaning up the mess, I asked her again to match the dots to its corresponding numbers. It cannot be learned in just one session. Do it over and over until your kids master the skills. Yes, it will take patience and strategies in teaching kids her age.


It took her almost an hour playing with the easter egg sensory bin. No screaming, crying, whining in the house for the first time. And I save my voice.


Bubble Foam Sensory Play Now on our YouTube Channel. Don't Forget to Subscribe!

0 comments