My One Word for 2023

Why does time fly so quickly?  I can't believe it's now 2023, and I bet some of you have already a new year resolution or plan or project that you want to achieve this year. But in my case, I won't call it a new year resolution.   Let me call it a commitment to myself. Each year I decided to improve any area of my life and I have been doing this for the past four years already. In the past, I've tried to improve my attitude, particularly on PATIENCE and TRUST.  To be honest with you, it has worked tremendously in my life. I can tell that I am more patient now with my kids, patient with anyone especially those who are difficult to deal with, patient while lining up in the grocery store, patient with my work, and patient with myself.  While practicing patience, I trust God to help me in the process. I could say, it's not easy to form a new habit but if we trust God and lean on Him, He will definitely help us. And this year 2023, I would like to work on my CONFIDENCE


Growing up, I used to be a shy person and I lacked confidence in anything I was doing. I guess it was rooted deeply in my childhood experience when my parents used to quarrel in front of us.  The trauma that I encountered affected my personality and carried this until I became an adult. I am not confident in speaking, expressing my emotions, or even writing.  Many close friends of mine that I know used to tell me that I am smart and talented but I didn't affirm it.  In other words, I have self-doubt. 

But when I seriously study the word of God for years already, thank God it opened a door of truth for me. I realized that God created us according to His image and likeness therefore, we are special, unique, and capable of doing anything. His love for us will give us confidence and security that we can do anything He wants us to be. 

In the book of Psalms, David writes in chapter 139 verses 13 and 14: “for it was You who created my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I will praise You because I have been fearfully and wonderfully made”. 

From now on, I will tap into the source of confidence, who is my God, the Father. As I journey toward 2023, I will slowly eliminate these things in me:

SELF-DOUBT

FEAR

ANXIETY

DISCOURAGEMENT

EXCUSES 

I CAN'T ATTITUDE

And work on CONFIDENCE with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in me. I prophesy that this year will be a great year for me no matter what the circumstances may come. I wait expectantly and confidently for the Lord that He will make my dream come true. 



0 comments